Monday 5 September 2011

2000...

11 years ago I was just a month away from starting university - as you can imagine, things were a whole lot different back then.

At the age of 19 I'd never been to a full on club, wasn't much of a dancer and generally found life a lot more awkward than I do now. Bless.

Around about that time, I recorded 45 mins of Mr.C (of The Shamen) playing on Kiss FM. That tape was very special to me as I brought it with me when my mate Wil drove me (and most of the belongings I had) down to my halls in Bristol, and we listened to it on his van's stereo. And it was one of the first tapes I played in my stereo when I eventually unpacked...

Very clear, distinct memories of a time in my life that was crucial to my development and very much a milestone.

This track here is one of the ones that really stood out on that Mr.C tape.

And, later, Wil put it on a mix he did for me because I'd mentioned I liked it. Top man!

I was lucky enough to see Omid 16B in action in Croatia recently. See my write-up HERE.

Omid - The Top

No comments:

Post a Comment