Sunday 17 April 2011

Beltram...

I must have posted these two tracks on my Facebook wall about 10 times each. With both tracks, as soon as I hit play and hear the first few notes, I just lose my mind.

Absolutely two tracks that, to me and many others, are the epitome of techno/hardcore produced in the verly early 90s. Solid, relentless and faultless really - Joey Beltram, and R&S Records in general, definitely led the way in many respects with their approach to the music turning it on its head for a while.

They're so dark, and there's an element of funk and energy that I just love.

Sadly, being the youngster that I am, I've never even heard these fucking tunes played live in a club. Heartbreaking.

One day I will though, one day. And when I do, I'll probably end up being committed to a padded cell somewhere - I really will lose my mind (like I did when I heard Seth Troxler play Jaydee - Plastic Dreams in Ibiza).

Joey Beltram - Energy Flash



Joey Beltram - Mentasm

No comments:

Post a Comment