Friday 15 July 2011

Super Freak...

Funny how sometimes you can be searching for one song and find another that you'd completely forgotten about.

This first track I heard Heidi play a few weeks back (see my review on Resident Advisor here) and, to be honest, I completely forgot she'd played it until I accidentally stumbled across while searching for the lyrics to something else.

But that's how it goes sometimes. Fuck, I'm glad I found it... what a dirty, sexy track.

Mike Dunn presents Mr. 69 - Phreaky MF (Mike Dunn's 'Original Phreak' Mixx)



Next up, this is an all-time classic - summertime '88 is what it reminds me of, really great times.

Soul II Soul - Keep On Movin'



It was this mix that helped stir my memory of the track above... to have been at Amnesia, or anywhere in Ibiza, in 1989 is basically one of my life's dreams (that will obviously never come true)



And the original mix of this has been lodged in my head all morning - although this remix is something else.

Guy Gerber is one of a kind. Amazing remix.


Azari & III - Hungry For The Power (Guy Gerber mix)




Lastly, here's a brilliant video from Rebel Rave's (Seth Troxler, Damian Lazarus and Jamie Jones) appearance at the EXIT Festival, which I was fortunate enough to witness first-hand.

Watching these guys as the sun came up over the Petrovaradin fortress was pretty special, particularly when they dropped Can't Leave You by Maceo Plex.

Brilliant. Beautiful Tanner Ross track.

No comments:

Post a Comment