Tuesday 31 August 2010

Bailey...

When you're out raving it can often be like doing cross country at school, or going for a proper hardcore gym session. You dance and dance until your legs go numb, stop, take a breather, go to the bar and then head back to the dancefloor to rave it out some more.

Towards the end of a good DJ's set is when you really start to feel the burn. Certain DJs will keep you, and the rest of the crowd, on the dancefloor throughout their entire set - by the end of which, you might just be so tired that you can't dance anymore.

That's when a tune like this comes on and you suddenly get a last burst of energy.

I'd heard Waterhouse Dub once or twice on radio before I finally heard it played live and in full effect at the Thekla in Bristol (which, if you don't know, is a club on a boat). Bailey dropped it at the exact moment I've described above - last tune of the set, as soon as I heard it I was re-energised and dancing my nuts off like it was the beginning of the night.

SICK.

Digital - Waterhouse Dub

1 comment:

  1. That burst of energy is crazy!I went to an Armand Van Helden set at Gatecrasher..I had been dancing straight for hours to 2manydjs and some others. During the last set A.V.H kept us captivated with classics and his new material. I was dancing like a mentalist but losing my energy, though I didnt want to end I was happy when the set appeared to have finished.Lights went up and the music stopped. Alot of us were singing "one more dj, one more" knowing he wouldnt. Then the lights went down, strobe lights beamed across the club, an erie electric sound came in and bongos started! He had dropped the classic Tori Amos Professional Widow! This crazy enery came from no where, it made me feel soo awake, it numbed the pain in my feet caused by my evil shoes and it made me bust some crazy moves. It was nuts! xx

    ReplyDelete