Tuesday 3 August 2010

House Mafia Are The One This Summer...


I'm not totally up to speed with dance music, I must admit.

But Swedish House Mafia's single One has been stuck in my head for the past few weeks since I went to the EXIT Festival in Serbia and heard it blasted out by several different DJs in the Dance Arena.

Well, their collaboration with Pharrell Williams of N*E*R*D/Neptunes fame (entitled Your Name) has hit the UK charts at number 7 - it uses the One instrumental, with Pharrell singing over the top of it.

Have a listen to the instrumental below:




To be honest, I prefer it without the vocals - but apparently it's one of the summer anthems in Ibiza this year.

Anyway, as an aside, Steve Angello, who is one the members of the Swedish House Mafia (SHM) - as well as being a hugely successful DJ/producer in his own right - has released his latest solo effort, Knas, this week and I've written about it for The Sun Online.

It's huge, so have a look at the article and enjoy.

Click here for my piece on Steve Angello's Knas.

Oh, and this vid of Steve at the Winter Music Conference in Miami earlier this year got me very excited for next year's one, which will be my first

1 comment:

  1. Monster choon! I'ma start looking into that Miami ting....

    ReplyDelete