Monday 6 September 2010

It's More Than Just Music...

My weekend has been completely dominated by music.

At home I've been banging old Grime on YouTube, downloading old sets and watching old videos. Reminiscing about a scene which is still going strong, but obviously (like all burgeoning genres) not always quite as raw and authentic as it used to be.



I've also had Skream and Benga's set from Rinse FM (broadcast August 25th) on repeat... some serious bangers on there and Example bringing nuff jokes with the crazy duo. Cannot wait to see them at Rinse's 16th Birthday this Friday.



This kills me.

Skream (ft. Sam Frank) - Where You Should Be



Out and about, my good friend Jemston played a birthday set at one of my local bars, Black Cherry, and it was a blinder. Loads of top quality house, from afro beats to more melodic Masters At Work business and some serious classics... topped off with some Teddy Pendergrass and Tenor Saw. Whaaaaat!! Banging the walls business.


Anyway, aside from that. I got told about these guys the other week, 2010 retro sounds...can't stop listening to it.

Azari & III - Reckless With Your Love

No comments:

Post a Comment