Thursday 2 September 2010

K...A...


Went to Kano's album launch down in Shepherd's Bush last night.

Decent night, big turnout, few faces from the scene in the place and a hell of a lot of fanboys. I'm not a huge Kano fan, but it was ok - a couple of tunes off the new LP definitely caught my attention.

However, personally speaking, I think his old friend Ghetts stole the show. G-to-the-H joined Kano on stage for Typical Me and totally overshadowed him. I think it shows how much Ghetto has advanced as an MC/performer that his presence was imposing - he had energy and charisma in abudance. Whereas Kano just lacked that spark.. maybe he should have stayed rooted in the Grime scene like Ghetts has?

I dunno.

Good show though and I hope Kano's Method To The Madness sells bucketloads, he obviously works hard and has put a lot into the new LP.

Have a listen to this to see what I mean... the good old days when Kano, Ghetto and the rest of Nasty Crew were killing it.

And listen to the track below, Ghetts 2010 still reppin Grime on a daily basis.


Ghetts - Grime Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment