Thursday 28 October 2010

Cromwell Road Dayzzzz...

Eight years ago I moved into a flat for the third year of my uni life with three lovely girls (Katie, Natalie and Sammy) – who, to be honest, I didn’t know very well before we moved in together.

We all became good friends within days and it was probably one of my best years at uni.

Throughout the year, music played a massive part in our lives - and we would often be blasting out tunes: Tim Westwood's Radio 1 show, garage, RnB, drum n bass or whatever. Usually before a night out, but sometimes just during the day as well.

Our neighbours downstairs hated us - they were a couple of crazed young Christians who would complain about the dropping of a pin.

Natalie and Katie had their selection, I had mine - I also got my mum to record MTV Base and we'd watch all the latest hip-hop videos on the telly too.

Anyway, I still reminisce about the Crizzomwell Road days as we had our fair share of anthems in those days... they were good good times. I miss them.

Here are a few of the tunes we used to listen to way back when.

Wu-Tang Clan - Uzi (Pinky Ring)



Memphis Bleek (feat. Jay-Z and Missy Elliot) - Is That Your Chick



Mobb Deep (feat. Big Noyd and Vita) - Burn



Dizzee Rascal - I Luv You



Clipse (feat. Pharrell Williams) - Grindin



Wiley - Heartless Crew diss dubplate



G-Dep - Special Delivery



Iconz - Get Crunked Up

1 comment:

  1. They were the best yrs of my life too! So many funny times!! Whenever I hear those tunes I think of you! Will never forget that letter from downstairs! N to think we put up with their organ!! Hahaha, good, good times! Miss ya barnes x oh n u forgot SPECIAL DELIVERY!

    ReplyDelete