Sunday 24 October 2010

Golden...


Anyone who ever says anything bad about Goldie and his reality TV appearances has obviously never heard any of his music or seen his artwork.

Away from the celebrity status he has attained, the man is a total genius and the architect of a monumental movement within drum n bass - helping to carve out a sound that is still prevalent within the scene now. The Metalheadz sessions at the Blue Note in Hoxton are, for me, now folklore. I never got to go (was too young) but I know that place was legendary.

On top of that, he has consistently put his heart and soul out there, in his music and on film (in two separate documentaries)... Mother is an absolute beauty of a tune, dedicated to his mum and lasting an hour.

Everybody who's anybody knows Inner City Life - a standout moment in the mid-90s, the soundtrack to that era.

Word has it that he's working on a drum n bass symphony, and his latest TV project involves putting together a group of disadvantaged kids together in a band (which I hear is amazing).



Hardworking and super talented, Goldie is one of very few people in the limelight who I really have an unwavering admiration for.

I could post his entire back catalog, and I would love to, but I decided a few choice gems that I hold dear to my heart would suffice.

The first is a song based on the words from a suicide letter he wrote as a troubled youth.

Emotional, this cuts deep - amazing.

Letter Of Fate - Goldie



Sensual - Goldie



Mother (VIP mix) - Goldie



Angel - Goldie



Menace - Rufige Cru

No comments:

Post a Comment