Thursday 23 December 2010

Deadmau5, Magnetic Man...


This past weekend I had one of the most intensely epic nights I've had since I was in Ibiza.

It all started when me and my mate Alex went down Deadmau5's show at Earl's Court - now, I'm not a huge fan of the mau5 it has to be said. Yeah, he has made some semi-decent music, but to me it's drug music and I think there's a lot better electronic music out there at the moment - but each to their own.

So, anyway, wow what a venue. The place saw a steady build up of people, from the time we got there when Magnetic Man were on.. and culminated in a sea of people, probably in the regions of 10,000 strong.


I'm very fortunate enough to have interviewed Artwork from Magnetic Man on several occasions and he brought me and Al backstage after they were on -- so we didn't see much of Deadmau5, but had a brilliant time anyway. What we did see of the Canadian prog house producer was IMMENSE. His whole Minority Report routine, where he performed with a touch screen on a platform in the middle of the crowd, was something else. Have a look...



Anyway, Artwork and Skream took us down to Annie Mac's night at Koko in Camden and we spent some time backstage in her dressing room with Toddla T and Redlight, Nick Grimshaw and some others. Crazy night. I have no words to describe it, but it was completely unexpected and one of those nights that will go down as one of the best of the year for sure.

As I said, I'm very lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment